What does this mean?
In an effort to restore key language back into the draft guidance FDA uses to regulate homeopathic medicines, we are asking you to write a letter to your respective U.S. Members of Congress asking them to co-sign letters already written by Senator Orrin Hatch and Representative Ryan Costello. Sen. Hatch and Rep. Costello’s letters ask FDA to merge existing CPG (Compliance Policy Guide) 400.400 for the manufacturing of homeopathic medicines, which has been in place for over 30 years, with the new proposed FDA draft guidance proposed in December 2017.
Key language in CPG 400.400 can’t be understated. It incorporates solutions that provide uniformity in enforcement and clarity in regulation of homeopathic medicines, which is left out of the current state of draft guidance FDA is proposing. This will help ensure Americans have the safest and highest quality products for the personal health care choice that they want and deserve.
The reason the letters from Senator Hatch and Representative Costello are so important is that they sit on committees that oversee FDA. As such, their sponsorship of these letters is paramount to influencing FDA. And YOU can influence your legislator’s to co-sign these letters!
From the National Center for Homeopathy:
- “Senator Hatch is a ranking member of the Senate’s Committee on Health, Education, Labor and Pensions that oversees the FDA. https://www.help.senate.gov/ranking/newsroom
- Representative Costello is a member of the Committee on Energy and Commerce subcommittee on Oversight and Investigations that oversees the FDA from the House. https://energycommerce.house.gov/subcommittee/oversight-and-investigations/
- If your legislator is a member of either of these committees, be sure to contact them!"
- Regardless, though, all legislators are welcome!
How to Contact your Legislators
The American Academy of Homeopathic Pharmacists (AAHP) recommends the following:
- Use the VoterVoice links below. EVERY Senator and Representative can sign on to the respective letters that Senator Hatch and Representative Costello have agreed to send to FDA.
- If you are a consumer of homeopathy, use this link:
- If you are a Healthcare Professional, use this link:
Whether you’re a consumer, supporter, or practitioner of homeopathy, thank you for your continued advocacy! It’s via the grassroots efforts from the likes of you that homeopathy will remain accessible and viable for all!
Thank you for reading.